Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Let's Talk- Life Before Kids...and the winner is...!!


Hey guys!  Hope you are all doing well today.  I am feeling light-hearted, and wanted to put a little smile on your face.  I hope you all know how truly amazing I think my kids are, and how happy I am to be their mother- that said, every once and a while I reminisce about the things I was able to do before I had kids!  It's not that I miss my life without kids- not at all.  However, there are some things I miss being able to DO (or not do!) now that I have kids!

So today I have a few random things that I occasionally miss from before having kids!


14. Waking up to the alarm clock- yes, this is still preferable to waking up to a poopy diaper or crying   
      baby!  

13. Leaving the door open- any door- without worrying about what little person might get in to (or out 
      of) 

12. Sleeping in until 10am and still trying to decide if I absolutely HAD to get up. Then staying in bed  
      for another hour!

11. Shopping…for myself.  Alone.

10. Going to the bathroom.  Alone.

9. Being able to leave chocolate in plain view and knowing it’ll still be there when I return to it.

8. Not having to share said chocolate when I returned to eat it.

7. Eating my dinner while it was still hot and having it be something more elegant than chicken   
    nuggets.

6. Having extra money.

5. Not having to think about how full anyone’s bladder was before leaving the house.
4. Needing to vacuum only occasionally.

3. Having mark-free walls and adult decor.

2. Spending days reading books or watching a movie straight through from beginning to end.

1. Being able to watch the news  (or anything really) without getting emotional and thinking about how it could have been my kid.
Pretty much doing anything without the all-consuming thought about somebody else!

I found this list online- actually it is a mix of several lists plus my own input.  I find this funny, because after having kids for  a while I think I sometimes have this fantasy version of my life before kids.  Like I used to spend my days sipping champagne while reading a book in a hammock every day.  Funny, but I don't think life was really like that!  While sometimes I am tired, I truly would never want to go back to a life that did not include my amazing children, nor would I want to go back to being the person I was before becoming a mom.  

I hope you got a little chuckle today...but now to announce the winner of the $25 Amazon gift card!  I wanted to do this give-away as a thank you to you all for supporting me and my writing.  I had my husband draw the number out of the hat, and I am excited to announce that the winner is Erica Kenna!  Congrats to my wonderful friend- you deserve it!  

Hope you all have a wonderful week, and I look forward to seeing you Friday.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I never win anything! Yay!

    ReplyDelete