Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Let's Talk- Be Inspired

Quotes are some of my favorite things to read and be inspired by.  It could be I like them because they are short and to the point (which is a desirable trait for my life at the moment), but mainly I just really love to be inspired.  So I gathered a bunch of quotes that I really enjoy and get challenged by.  I am sure there are a ton I will suddenly remember after I post this, but for now here are some great words of inspiration for your week.  Just remember, a quote is only a set of words- their weight lies in what you do with them.

Now go ahead and light up your facebook statuses today.


"Let's roll." -Todd Beamer

"Some wish to live within the sound of church and steeple bell, but I want to set up a rescue shop one yard from hell." -C.T. Studd

"Life is attitude- if you don't like your life, change your attitude." -My dad

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." -Gladiator

"Every man dies, not every man really lives." -Braveheart

"A day may come when the courage of men fails- but it is not this day." -Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

"But it ain't about how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.  How much you can take and keep moving forward.  That's how winning is done." -Rocky Balboa

"The board is set, the pieces are moving.  We come to it at last...the great battle of our time." Gandolf, Lord of the Rings

"Whether he is a sinner or not, I don't know- but one thing I know: I once was blind but now I see!" John 9:25

"Integrity is who you are in the dark." -D.L. Moody

"Prayer will make a man cease from sin, or sin will entice a man cease from prayer." -John Bunyan

"It is said that in some countries trees will grow, but will bear no fruit because there is no winter there." -John Bunyan

"I live because I am a Warrior and because I wish one day to be in the company of [She] for whom I have fought so hard." -John Bunyan

"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." -Job 13:15

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least." -Unknown

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." -Ambrose Redmoon

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek what they sought." -Basho

"I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it." -Edith Sitwel

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy." -Isaac Newton

"A real christian is a person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip." -Billy Graham

"He became what we are that He might make us what He is." -St. Athanasius

"God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16



1 comment: