Friday, April 5, 2013

Things To Come...

Hello!  I have been very busy this past week, and I am not really going to blog today...but I know you will forgive me when you hear what I have in store for you!

My 2 oldest boys are flying to Florida on Monday!!  My in-laws have a condo in Florida and are taking the boys for 10 days to visit and go to Disney World!  I am so excited that the boys are going to have this wonderful opportunity, because I know they are going to have an incredible time and have memories for life- but I am still nervous and sad!  I will miss them so very much, and of course as a mom I will be worried about all kinds of nonsense.  But as a mother, I need to learn when to shelter and when to let them experience.  My kids are very close with their grandparents, and I know that this is something that will be great for them, and so I must put aside my desire to hold them and never let go.  So I have been very busy getting stuff they need, pulling out all their summer clothes, and packing their suitcases.

I also have a trip coming up myself.  I made a plan to have a mini vacation- I am going to be going to visit my parents on Long Island for about 5 days.  AND I AM GOING ALONE!  I coordinated the boy's trip so that while I am gone the boys will be gone, and this way Jeff will only be home alone with 4 kids as opposed to all 6.  He is more than able to handle all of them, but it will be much easier for him to have less.  I have grand plans of putting on my jammies and not leaving the couch for 5 straight days.  My parents are going to spoil me and my mom already started stocking up on my favorite candy.  As much as I will miss my kids and Jeff, I am looking forward to a much needed few days of rest and visiting with my parents.

I have made some plans for this blog over the next week, and I think you will like it.  I really want to completely rest while I am away, so I will not be blogging- but my husband will!  So here's how it is going to go down: I will be doing my normal Let's Talk blog this Tuesday, and then my husband will be guest blogging on Friday, followed by my interview with him on that next Tuesday.  I think you will REALLY enjoy both his personal writing and his interview.  You have been following my journey through this time in our lives, and now you will get a chance to hear it from my husband's perspective.  I told him to just pray and share whatever is on his heart.  He is an amazing husband, father, and man of God, so I know you will be ministered to by what he shares.

I hope this all makes sense.  I am so excited for my boy's trip and for my own trip.  It will be a very strange feeling to have my family scattered from each other, but it is not long and I will be anticipating when we are all home together again.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I will see you Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment