Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Let's Talk- Week to Week

Whenever I take all the kids grocery shopping with me, I always get stares and comments.  Usually, they are on the positive side- old ladies will smile and say "God bless you!", while others will say "Are they all yours?! Wow, that wonderful!".  Every so often, the tone, comments, and vibes are negative.  Today was one of those days.  I don't expect a parade or to have flowers thrown at my feet, but do you really need to ask me if I'm crazy right in front of my kids??  Arg.

So anyway, that really has nothing to do with anything, but today I am going to give you a list of all the things I go through/how much we use in a week.  I've been keeping a mental tally in my head the past could of weeks, because I get asked a lot about how much milk, diapers, etc. I go through in a week.  So here it is!  This is what my family of 2 adults and 6 kids goes through in one week:

Milk- About 4 gallons

Toilet Paper- about 2/3 rolls (the potty trained kids are mostly boys)

Diapers (including pull-ups)- about 80

Apples & bananas- between 30 and 35

Bottles of juice- One big one (128oz or something)  We only go through one because they drink water
                          all day.  They only get a beverage at dinnertime.

Cereal- I used to only do cereal 2/3 times a week, but with my health I have gone to maybe 5 or 6 times
            a week.  So now we go though about 4 or 5 boxes of regular size cereal per week.

Bread- about 3-4 loaves of bread

Cheese- Maybe a pound/pound and a half of american cheese and a couple bags of shredded cheese

Laundry- I do about 10 loads a week


Ok, here is a list of how much we use/make at a time:

Grilled Cheese- I need to make about 10/12 grilled cheeses for one meal

Bread- Whether it's toast or sandwiches, I use almost a whole loaf for one meal- maybe 4/5th of the loaf

Eggs- I use at least a dozen eggs when making scrambled eggs, more if Jeff is eating too

Pizza- My kids can polish off a whole large pie themselves, so we need to get 2 pies if me and Jeff
           want to eat too


My oldest (who turns 7 in June) has been eating way more lately- maybe it's a growth spurt or something, but I just know he keeps asking for more food at every meal!  I can't even imagine what this list will look like 5 years from now when they are all older...or when they are teenagers!!!  Just reading this may seem crazy, but remember this didn't happen over night.  It was a slow progression over the last 6 years, so it's normal to me and not as crazy as it would be if one day you just had to make this much food.

Stay tuned, because in 2 weeks I am going to have a guest interview...my husband!  I will ask him any questions you want to know about a father of 6.  So if you have something you would like me to ask him, please send your questions to my e-mail artyler@mail.com or facebook message me.  I have a few questions I want to ask him, and I am very curious to see what his answers will be!  It will be fun to get a man's perspective on life with a lot of little ones, so I think it will be a fun week.

Hope you had a wonderful Easter, and I will see you Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment