Tuesday, November 6, 2012

TMTT- Election Day


Happy Election Day!!!  Today we celebrate the democratic process where every voice counts.  We are blessed to live in a free nation, and we must take the opportunity to exercise our right to vote!  There are people in other countries that have absolutely no say in who rules over them...we do.  So get out there and make your difference.

In light of the elections, I will answer some questions that are political in nature.  

  1. Who are you voting for?
I am going to share something I read on facebook yesterday which best answers this question:
“I will vote for the most pro-life candidate, because God hates the shedding of innocent blood (Prov.6:17).
I will vote for the most pro-Israel candidate, because God blesses those who blesses Israel & curses those who don't (Gen.12:3).
I will vote for the most pro-debt reduction candidate, because 
the borrower is servant to the lender (Prov.22:7).
...I will vote for the most pro-work candidate because God says if a man not work , let him not eat. (2Thess.3:10)
I will vote for the most pro-marriage candidate , because God is for marriage as defined in Genesis 2:24 .
I will vote for the candidate who most closely believes government's purpose is to reward the good & punish the evil (Romans 13).
I will vote based as close as I can on God's Word (2Tim.3:16). Knowing that whoever gets elected, God is the one who puts all men in authority (Dan.2:21)."
No, I am not purposely being evasive...I am not shy about answering personal questions.  But this truly is a wonderful answer to this question, and I will be voting for the man who best lines up with my Biblical beliefs.
  1. Do you talk to your kids about the elections?  What do you say about it?
Absolutely!  I answer any questions that come up and explain it to each child according to their interest/level of understanding.  I did not let them watch the debates, mainly because they were on late at night and I knew it was a bit above their understanding.  I talk very basically about it...I tell them that we are allowed to pick our president every 4 years and that we want to choose the man who best lines up with what the Bible says.  I also homeschool, so I spend time leading up to the election teaching my son what is going on. I will also be bringing some of my older children with me to see me vote.  I treat elections just as I do with any other topic (even difficult ones)- I make it all about the Lord.  It all comes down to teaching them that no matter what- in all circumstances- we are to follow the Lord and honor Him and know that ultimately, if we are walking in His path that He is in control.

  1. What are your thoughts on the current climate of our country?
I used to be so proud to be an American...and I still am, but it is definitly not as strong as it used to be.  We are headed downhill at such a fast rate.  I could go into specifics- and there are many- but I believe it all comes down to losing our morality.  As a country we have completely turned our backs on God and have approved things to happen that God finds abhorrent.  I know there are many people who are still God-honoring, but overall the leadership and the laws that have been passed over the years have only solidified our separation from God.  It is sad and distressing and only a matter of time before God, in His righteousness, removes His hand of blessing from us.  In fact, It think it has already begun and unless this nation repents and truly turns from its ways, I think we may see the end of this nation as we have always known it.  

  1. Do you engage in political debating?
Just take a look at my facebook activity and you will now the answer!  Yes, I do engage in many political debates...HOWEVER, I do NOT do it to be productive nor do think it accomplishes anything.  Unless somebody is actually looking for information or wants your opinion, then it is mainly done to try and defend your side when you feel it is being misrepresented, or just to vent/air your political frustrations.  I have a group of people who I regularly engage with, because although we do not agree, we keep it respectful.  Nothing wring with disagreeing and even being blunt, but I do have a problem with professed Christians acting in manner that does not bring honor to Christ and I will not continue/engage in debates that get vulgar or disrespectful or if I feel that I can no longer control myself.

Enjoy your voting!  See you Friday :)




No comments:

Post a Comment