Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Going Public

I have decided to go public.  This will probably be the first blog post you have read from me, but it is not the first one I have written.  I have had this blog for over 2 years.  I have not used it all that much, but I have used it to document some personal things, which is why I have kept it private.  It has been my personal diary; a chance to talk to myself, if you will.  So why am I going public?

I guess the simple reason is because people have asked me to.  I have been asked many times over the past couple of years to start a blog.  Don't get me wrong...I don't particularly think that what I have to say is any more important than the next person, but I do think that my life is a bit curious to some.  I have given birth to 6 children in the last 6 years, and none of them are twins.  That is what I mean by people being curious about my life.  Heck, I am curious about my life!

I do love writing though.  I guess the challenge is actually believing that I have something worthwhile to say.  Let's face it, in this day and age everyone over the age of 8 has something to say via the internet.  I don't want to be white noise, and I don't want to be self-absorbed.  I am simply offering anyone who is interested a glimpse into my life- my mistakes, lessons learned, insights found, and jokes told.  I am chronicling my life and leaving the book open on the table for you to read.

You can go back and read my past blogs- I started with a 40-day fast, which I blogged about almost daily.  I also posted about the birth of my daughter, and an "update post".  I have not currently picked my "weekly blog" day yet, nor have I ironed out any details for how I will go about this or what I will even talk about.  How can you sum yourself up into one topic?  I love Jesus, I am a mom, I homeschool, I love to cook and eat, I watch movies, read books, laugh until I cry, and everything in between.  So I guess we will just go with the flow!

One more thing before I formally begin.  You may have noticed the title of this blog site, and yes, it is a direct September 11th reference, although it is so much more than that.  If you are not aware, "Let's Roll" is the famous last line spoken by Todd Beamer, passenger of Flight 93, right before he and fellow passengers fought their hijackers, kept them from accomplishing their mission, and heroically died in the process.  9/11 was tragic, and would have been even more so had they not fought back.  This phrase is the best summary of who I am as a person- body, spirit, and soul.  I believe in fighting. I believe in never giving up.  I believe in standing, even when you're shaking in fear.  Sometimes it looks like charging a cockpit door, other times it looks like getting on your knees and praying.  But ultimately it looks like never giving up.  And that's me.

Welcome to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment