Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 40

Well, in a few hours I will have reached day 40. Amazing.

Tonight was a wonderful night...a great way to end the fast. When my husband came home from work I immediately left the house. I really just wanted to kill time so the day would end, but I ended up going to the church and practicing some worship for Sunday. It felt nice to play and sing songs about how great Jesus is. Then as I was leaving I saw a group of kids on the street corner. I told them I would buy them all ice cream if they would give me 5 minutes. Several of them told me I didn't have to buy them ice cream, they would just listen. So while 5 boys and one girl sat on a stoop, I told them all about Jesus. How much He loves them, and how they can have new life in Him. I talked with one boy after who I could tell felt God tugging on His heart. He told me he needed more time to think about it, and I made sure to tell him exactly how to give his life to Jesus. Then I went home and put the kids to bed and had a couple from the church over our house. We just got to tell them we loved them, encourage them, and pray for them. It was a sweet, sweet night.

Now what am I going to do? Please don't think less of me, but I plan on watching a movie and then going into the kitchen at midnight to eat! I am so grateful to God for this fast. I don't even think I will know all that has happened during it just yet. But I do know that God did an amazing work in me, and gave me and incredible gift. I weighed 146 today...30 pounds less than how I started. I know I will gain some back, but I feel so great. Excited and ready for whatever He has next.

Thank you to Jesus for this gift. Thank you to my husband who supported me every step of the way, giving me the courage to finish. And thank you to you for sharing this journey with me.

God Bless
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment